In our technology era, people discover more and more NYC opportunities for their free time, work, and travel via fancy apple bike rentals. After the coronavirus lockdown, many of us have started to think about an alternative way of making money without commuting during rush hours. The digital nomads community is becoming more popular. Let’s find out who they are and what their ideology is.
Digital Nomads Style – Is It Just about Work?
Digital Nomads are people who have an opportunity to work wherever they want. They need a laptop, WiFi, and maybe some peace and quiet. They use online in coffee shops, libraries, or special places. Such kind of work allows people to travel and change their locations as often as they want to.
All of this is not just about work. It is a lifestyle that people voluntarily choose. Here are some digital nomad benefits:
- Freedom of moving. You can spend winter in some warm places and live in the city of your choosing.
- You will continuously learn new about cultures and traditions. You can spend as much time in a city as you want and find out something usually hidden from tourists.
- Flexible working hours. Of course, digital nomads also have deadlines and stress, but they are free to split the whole task into smaller pieces and work on them as they choose. Nobody makes them work from 9 to 5.
- Being a digital nomad, you can choose clients and projects you want to deal with. If some people seem to be unreliable, rude, and if you simply don’t get along, you can refuse to work with them.
- Some of the digital nomads can increase their income if they need to. The more you work, the more you get.
- On the contrary, if you feel like you desperately need a vacation, you can have one. You are your own boss, and your income and a work/life balance are entirely your responsibility.
The Best Cities in the USA for Digital Nomads
- Chicago is believed to be one of the most progressive cities in the US. Chicago has been identified as a city where a vast number of companies already provide remote arrangements for their employees.
- San Diego. This city’s specialties are numerous workshops, networking parties, and free access to podcast recording studios and other necessary equipment.
- Miami is the best place to coliving. Besides, the climate there is magnificent! There plenty of opportunities in the Miami remote work job market.
- Kansas City is ready to provide super-fast internet access and affordable accommodation prices.
- Salt Lake City is a home for 30 coworking spaces and an affordable but rapidly emerging tech hub.
- Austin is another city with decent Internet speed and affordable prices for housing and living in general. This city has numerous music venues, so if your work is somehow connected with this kind of art – you are welcome! You will quickly learn how to relax in a big city.
- Denver can offer its digital nomads Google Fiber internet and a great public transportation system. It won’t take long for you to go from one place to another.
- Raleigh is a city with a thriving and innovative job market. If you are interested in working with Red Hat and Percona, Raleigh is the right place for you as these companies are headquartered here. Raleigh prices won’t scare you, and its options for food and entertainment will undoubtedly make you overwhelmed with joy.
What do you think about such a lifestyle? Do you have any friends or acquaintances like this? Tell us about your experience and share your pieces of advice on where to live in the USA in the comment section below.