Gifts are a way to express your love for your loved one and make their special day even more special. A gift coming from a person who matters to you the most is all you need with their love and care. Gifting something special to your parents can be tedious tasks for any child but your parents do not care about what you give but the thought behind the gift is what matters to them. If you know your parents’ likes and dislikes then all you have to do is put a little thoughtfulness to it to make that gift perfect.
Though, they might tell you not to get anything for them as they already have everything they need. But a thoughtful token of appreciation will definitely bring a smile on their faces. But to make it special you just need to add a little personalization that can make all the difference. As you share memories with them so showcase the beautiful time spent together through a carefully chosen gift than to go for an expensive one.
There are some important ways to personalize your gifts: You can add a monogram or your family surname to it, choose a collage of photos that can be used on the gift, you can also go for a gift that matches their favorite pastime or that can enhance the beauty of their favorite spot in the house. Whatever gift you will choose for them, a touch of personalization will make it more special and cannot go unnoticed.
But before going ahead there are certain things you should keep in mind while choosing the one for your parents.
1.Deciding the budget
It is very necessary to know how to decide your budget to understand what you will buy for your parents. They will never want you to spend out of the box from whatever savings you have done so it is better to decide on something that can give them happiness and at the same time it has your presence as well.
2: Giving the gift of their choice
When you are planning for a gift for your parents’ anniversary or any other special occasion it becomes mandatory that the gift you buy should be of their choice. Do not buy anything just because you like it. Think about them first before putting in your money.
3: Gift them something you all can cherish and enjoy together
At the end of the day, your mother and father want you to be a part of their celebration and without your presence, everything is in vain for them. So either you can plan an outing together or gift them something with which they can cherish the beautiful moments you all spent together, like a photo mug or a personalized bottle. Gift them a personalised birthday gifts or an anniversary gift to make the day even more special.
4: Do not go for gift cards
Gift cards can be a very easy and convenient option but they do not have any personal touch. This will only add an errand to their list and they will not be able to enjoy that special moment with you. So, would you like to miss the sparkle in their eyes which comes after opening your present?
Related: Top 10 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
5: Buy the gift that adds to the emotional quotient
Anything that reminds them of the beautiful old memories or makes them smile thinking of some incident that happened in the past, would solve your purpose. You cannot go wrong with this at all as whatever be the outcomes, what matters to them is the effort you put in to get it for them and make their occasion happy.
6: Consider their needs and requests
It may be possible that your parents may be looking for something for a very long time but could not buy it for some reason. If this is so, then you have won half of the battle. You just need to go, search for the thing, do your own little thing to it to make it more personal and bring a smile on their faces.
7: Don’t spend on gadgets
Gifting gadgets on an occasion is an easy option but surely not the best one. As it is evident those technologies come and go and the gadgets do not remain in the same condition all their life. This is something that might give temporary happiness to your parents’ but not an everlasting one. It is always better to buy something simple and emotional for them that they can adore and remember all their lives.
8: Give two separate gifts to your parents
Your mom and dad are two different people and may have different personalities so it is always good to buy gifts for them separately. Whether it’s their anniversary or any special occasion make it more personal and give them the opportunity to admire it always.
Personalized gift ideas to make the occasion perfect
- Cheerful flower pot: You can brighten up the occasion as well as the house by gifting them with a beautiful flower pot.
- A Photo Gift-wrap: You can gift them a present by wrapping it in a personalized gift wrap which may have the collage of your family photos.
- A Customized keyring: A photo keyring can be a perfect gift for every occasion for your parents. It will remind them of you even when they are not at home.
- A Cozy blanket: Make your parents feel your warmth with a woven photo blanket that may have a family portrait, your picture or your parents’ photo and is very useful at the same time.
- A photo book: Make them smile by gifting them a photo book. All you need is to compile your favorite photos that capture your love, family, festivals and good times you all have spent together. Make them remind of the beautiful memories with this one.
- A personalized ceramic plate: A ceramic plate that has the names and the pictures of your family members is a novel gift and will be surely appreciated.
- A personalized ring: Gift your parents a personalized ring with their as well as your names engraved on the band of the ring.
- h. A photo frame: It may be the most common one but this never fails to make them smile. A family portrait, your parents’ picture or you can get the college of your favorite photos in frames of different sizes made for them.
Sentimental personalized gifts are making their day special. All you need to choose the one that suits your parents’ choice and gets going. You just have to look into your budget, the preference of your mom and dad and start the preparation for the grand day.