Russia is an Eastern European country that expands to Northern Asia. The country has 11 different time zones, and it is the ninth most populous nation in the world. The largest city which is Moscow still happens to be the capital. Their official currency is Russian ruble which is being used to carry out business transactions.
There are some criteria that must be fulfilled before migrating to Russia. A migrant must meet the visa requirement; pay the actual visa fee, and other further expenses to get there. Migrating to Russia is an entry process that permits foreign citizens to stay in Russia as a permanent residence. There are two types of a permit:
- Temporary Residence Permit.
- Permanent Residence Permit.
Types of Visa
- Tourist visa – This visa allows for tourism, and it is valid for 30 days on a single entry.
- Business visa – For business transactions in Russia. The single and double entry is valid for up to 3 months. While multiple entries can last up to a year.
- Private visa – This is only valid for only 3 months due to invitation issued by siblings or family relatives.
- Work visa – This only lasts for three months due to the invitation given by the organization.
- Student visa – This visa can last for only three months depending on the invitation from the college
Russian Visa Requirements
There are some conditions that have to be met for one to have a Russian visa. For anyone who wants this visa they must have the following:
- A genuine passport that will last up to 6 months with 2 blank spaces for your Russian Visa and entry or exit stamps.
- A Russian application form.
- A passport photograph.
- Tourist visa backup documents.
- An application fee.
- Letter from an employer (if you are going there to work).
- Fingerprints scanning.
- Medical history.
All these documents are going to give you the opportunity to have a Russian visa, and it is applicable to any kind of visa. In as much, you have those documents you have seen above, and then you can apply for a Russian visa by submitting your documents to a Russian consulate in the country you are living in. However, you are required to also obtain the tourist voucher Russia which is also an important letter document for traveling to Russia.
This can be done in two ways such as by doing it yourself or through a travel agent. The registration itself is a process that has different stages, and here they are:
- Printing of the application form online.
- Getting the necessary documents.
- Submitting documents to the consulate officer.
- Payment of fee.
- Processing time.
Read Also: BEST TRAVEL HACKS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
All these vary on the kind of Visa someone is applying for. This has influenced the fee and the processing time for the visa. Someone who wants a business visa, the fee and the processing time will be different from a person who wants a tourist visa. We are going to have a clearer view of how we can apply for this Russian visa in two ways.
1: Applying in person
- Printing of the application form.
- Writing down the number on the form.
- Applying through an approved center in the country you are.
- Then submit the form to the consulate.
- Payment of Consumer fee.
Visa Fee: There is no fixed fee because the fee for any kind of visa varies.
Processing Time: This might take up to 1 hour to 15 working days.
2: Applying through a travel agent
- If you are a citizen in the US, you can apply directly through any travel agency.
- Search online for different travel agencies.
- Submit your documents after you found one.
- Pay your consulate, travel agency, and the visa fee.
When applying for a Russian visa, you need to be careful to avoid scammers who want to eat your money. If you are still finding it hard, you can visit any Russian center in your region for comprehensive information to guide you all through the registration phase to the processing time after payment.