What is UCEED Exam?
UCEED stands for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design, which is a design entrance test that is conducted by IIT Bombay to shortlist candidates for Bachelors of Design to take admission in IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, and IIT-DM Jabalpur. This examination is conducted at the national level every year in about 24 cities across the nation.
UCEED exam details- everything you should know for appearing
Eligibility criteria for UCEED
The candidate has to serve all the eligibility criteria to appear in the UCEED entrance examination. The general eligibility criteria for UCEED 2022 is:
- The candidate has to be born on or after October 1, 1997. Exception: In case the candidate belongs to open category or OBC-NCL category, or SC, ST, PWD categories, etc., they would get concession on their birth date, i.e., they should be born on or after October 1, 1992.
- One candidate can only attempt for UCEED at most for two times in consecutive years.
- The candidates should have passed the 12th or equivalent examination in 2021. Those candidates who are appearing 12th examination in 2022 can also register for the UCEED entrance test. However, they have to pass the 12th examination to get admission for the Designing course.
- Candidates who have passed 12th prior to 2020 or earlier are not eligible to register for the entrance test.
- Student from any stream is qualified to apply for the UCEED entrance exam.
UCEED 2022 Admit card has been released to check out the complete details on how to download admit card click here
Syllabus for Part-A
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Unit-1- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions
- Unit-2- Transformation and manipulation of 2D and 3D objects, their spatial relationships
- Unit-3- Questions from mechanical and scientific concepts
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
Syllabus for Part-B
- Drawing ability- This part would check the candidate’s drawing ability with making various products, persons, scenes with appropriate proportions that have good line quality, compositions, along with perspective and shading.
The registration process in UCEED
Follow the below steps to apply for The registration process in the UCEED application:
- Visit the official website of The registration process in UCEED, i.e.,
- Then register for UCEED 2022 by providing all the required details such as the candidate’s name, mobile number, and email ID in the required slots.
- After the registration, you would get to log in to your account to fill in the application form by providing required personal and educational details such as your parent’s name, DOB, Blood group, marital status, your 10th, and 12th-course details, etc. Confirm all the given details before making the final submission.
- Then the candidate has to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in the appropriate size.
- Once the application form is completed, the candidate has to pay the application fee.
- Afterward, the candidate can download the confirmation page for future references.
UCEED exam application form requirement
Documents required for UCEED registration 2022:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s passport size photograph
- Scanned image of candidate’s signature
- Certificates of the qualifying examinations such as 10th and 12th or equivalent courses.
- OBC certifications (Only if the candidate belongs to one)
UCEED Exam Pattern
As per the UCEED exam pattern, the entrance examination is done in two parts, i.e., Part A and Part B. While the UCEED Part A examination is held as a computer-based test, the Part B examination is conducted on a manual basis, so the candidates have to use pen and paper in the Part B examination. The exam duration for both Part A and Part B is about 3 hours. Exams are around the corner, so for students it is suggested to take as many as mock test to boost preparation and to well aware of the exam pattern.
Changes in the UCEED 2022 exam pattern
IIT Bombay has released the newly made exam pattern for UCEED 2022. Candidates can find some changes in the marking scheme of the Part A examination that only has multiple select questions (MSQ). Even though the number of questions would remain the same, there have been made changes in the marking schemes. Take note of the below section to get insight on those marking information.
- If the candidate chooses all the correct options in the question, they will get four marks for attempting each correct question.
- In case the candidate chooses three options out of the four correct options, they would get three marks. However, no incorrect answer has to be chosen.
- The candidate would get two marks if they attend to only two correct options, but there are three or more correct options for the question.
- The candidate will be allotted only one mark if they choose only one correct option out of two or more correct options, avoiding all the incorrect options.
- If the candidate has not attempted the question, they will get zero marks.
- In case the candidate has given an incorrect answer to any question, they would get a negative one mark for it.
There are going to be many changes in the exam patterns for UCEED 2022. It is recommended for the candidates to follow through with the above details regarding the UCEED entrance test to prepare for the entrance successfully.
Read More What could be the best smartwatch?.