Thinking about the tour of Valley of Flowers? No words can describe the beauty of the Valley of Flowers. The Valley of Flowers is filled with fun, peace, and excitement. The beauty of the place is serene and has the power to mesmerize its visitors. The beauty of Valley of Flowers can not be put down into words, it can only be felt with your own eyes. The place is an incredible hidden gem in the state of Uttarakhand. If you look for solitude and completely frustrated with your city’s hustle-bustle, Valley of Flowers will enlighten your spirit and fill your soul with the magic of colorful flowers, fresh air, and serenity.
Best Time to Visit
The special thing about the Valley of Flowers is that it is open for visitors at any time of the year. Each year thousands of tourists book the place from various booking companies and visit the place. For mountain lovers and peace finder, any time of the year is the best time to visit the place, but for an ordinary person, the valley of flowers can be visited in the first week of June to the last week of October. In the monsoon season and in winters due to extreme cold and heavy snowfall valley remains closed. It is the national park area so timings of opening and closing are fixed. Please note that staying or camping is not allowed here.
Read Also: Things to know before visiting Hampta pass
How to Reach At Valley of Flowers –
This heavenly place is situated in the Chamoli district of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Chamoli is known for its untouched natural beauty. From here, you can view green forest valleys and Himalayan peaks. There are several ways to reach the starting point, which is the Govind Ghat base camp.
By Road- To reach Govind Ghat base camp you need to get to Haridwar first which is strongly connected with all nearby major cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow. To reach Haridwar government as well as private buses are available.
By Air- The nearest domestic airport to Govind Ghat base camp is Jolly Grant airport is 20 km away from Haridwar. This airport is well connected with all major airports and strongly connected with Delhi by air.
By Train: Haridwar railway station is one of the major railway stations of Uttarakhand and is the nearest railway station to get to Govind Ghat base camp. It is well connected with all major train routes of India.
Things to Carry For Trekking at Valley of Flowers
Visiting the Valley of Flowers is a wonderful choice that one can make. But you can not just grab your purse and leave. You need to carry some essential things with you to make the trip easier. These things are-
- Sunscreen Lotion, UV Protected Sunglasses., raincoat and umbrella
- A good quality backpack
- Lip Balm, monkey cap, hat
- Trekking pole
- Pair of good quality trekking shoes
- Trekking gears like a sleeping bag, tent, and mattress
- Camera with extra memory cards and batteries
- Led FlashLight with extra batteries
- Personal toiletries
- Woolen Clothes
- Id proof
- Smaller bag for carrying wet clothes, waste, water bottles and snacks
- Plastic bags or garbage
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicines for Flu and Cold
If you plan to visit the Valley of Flowers, you need to keep few things in your mind, which are-
- Do not litter here and there. keep your surroundings green and clean. Instead of throwing the waste here and there, keep it in a plastic bag and throw it at an appropriate place.
- Do not pluck flowers. If you have not planted them, you have no right to pluck and throw them.
- Pack light like a pro. When you travel with a lightweight, it makes walking with ease without any strain.
- Consult your physician before you undertake this trek. Carry all your necessary medications with you along with basic medicines that are required for mountain sickness, motion sickness, anxiety, and other possible situations.
- Consumption of Alcohol, Drugs and other toxic substances is not advisable. Also, avoid smoking. Keep your body hydrated throughout the trip.
- Please take care of your own luggage. If possible lock your backpack during the trip.
- Carry warm clothes irrespective of seasons. Like the weather, there isn’t constant.
- Always carry some go-to snacks to munch upon like energy bars, protein bars, and other snacks to fuel your energy.
- It is advised to not visit who has any kind of physical ailments.