Hampta Pass is in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most amazing treks with the captivating beauty of Himalayas. It is situated at an altitude of 4270m(14040ft) lies on the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas. You are going to experience some amazing beauties of nature like Chandra Tal. The best time to visit the Hampta pass is from mid-June to October. In summers you will be experiencing the pleasant weather perfect for trekking.
Let’s know something more about the place and book your trek here.
Hampta pass is a getaway to Lahul and Spiti from Kullu. The Hampta pass trek is a complete package of adventure and beauty. The best thing about the trek is that Chandra Tal, the beauty of the place is phenomenally amazing. You can also spot some different kinds of Herbs and variety of wildflowers at an altitude of 3000m to 3800m. Pass by the rhododendrons trees, birch, and alpine tree. Waterfalls will there on your way to greet you.
Here are some of the Highlights of the Hampta Pass
1: Experience the Dense forest on the way to Chika
Start to explore the beauty of the place by passing through the dense forest and deodar trees. You will also pass by the maple trees, Birch, oak and rhododendron trees.
2: Green grasslands after passing by the Jobra
After crossing the forest you will be leading towards the open green grassland. The place is surrounded by Dhaulndhar ranges and rocky mountains. Small waterfalls add up to the beauty of the place.
3: Experience the rocky terrain
As you will trek from Balu ka Ghera to Hampta pass, the terrain is going to mostly rocky and surrounded by snow, the spellbinding view will take all the attention. The snow-capped mountains and snow leafed trees look like some postcard beauty.
Read Also: The Hampta Pass Trek
4: Snow pass and snow bridges
5: Panoramic view of the mountains of Spiti
Spiti is known for its beauty and serenity. The landscape begins to change when you enter Lahul. You are going to have an amazing experience in the barren land of Spiti.
The best time to visit Hampta pass is after the monsoon when the beauty refines itself and blooms at its best. Enjoy the weather of the place with fresh air and lovely weather that will make you visit the place again. The view of the valley is going to be a treat for your eyes with so many colors and vibrancy.
To reach Hampta pass take bus to Manali from Delhi and the nearest railway station is Joginder Nagar Railway station to Manali, take a cab to reach Manali. Bhuntar airport is the nearest airport at a distance of 52 km from Manali, you can easily get transport to reach Manali.
The difficulty level of trek is easy to moderate and also can be undertaken by beginners. It requires basic physical fitness. Indulge yourself in some cardio like jogging, cycling, walking, and jumping. You can also practice some yoga for mental fitness as it is equally important as physical fitness.
Things to carry
- Thermal inner wears
- Thermal inner pants
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Fleece jacket
- Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Pair of woolen socks
- Warm hat
- Sun cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Waterproof gloves
- Portable charger
- Camera and extra batteries
- A small bottle of shampoo
- Facial mist
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Lip balm and wipes
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes and trekking pole
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines
- Toilet paper
- Do not litter around, keep your surroundings clean.
- Pack light to enjoy to the fullest, walking with ease without any strain.
- Carry all your necessary medications with you along with basic medicines that are required for mountain sickness, motion sickness, and other possible situations.
- Consumption of Alcohol and other toxic substance is not advisable.
- Please take care of your own luggage.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trek.
- Carry warm clothes irrespective of seasons.
- Always carry some go-to snacks to munch upon like energy bars, protein bars, and other snacks to fuel your energy.
- People with any kind of physical ailment are advised not to come on the trek.
Don’t wait for the right time, the right time is now, go and explore the world and enjoy the beauty and adventures.