One of the most frequently needed and used appliances in a professional kitchen is a commercial freezer. It is powerful enough to work under hot conditions. It is reliable when the doors are constantly opened to get the products out. All fridges aren’t built to be the same; some are used to store food and others for drinks and ice creams. They provide cold storage for retail operations and commercial hospitality. It helps you store raw meat, frozen vegetables, baked goods, and leftovers. It also serves as a drink display or a bar fridge.
Know the difference between a regular refrigerator and a commercial freezer
Knowing the difference between the available freezers in the market will help you make the right decision of going for the best type of freezer you need.
- The main variation between these lies in the temperature.
- A fridge works under the temperature of 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit. But a freezer works under 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Appliance thermometers can help you to check the temperature of these freezers.
- They are louder than a normal refrigerator as they have to keep constantly running and giving out cool air.
- They have heavy-duty external and internal fans attached inside the cabinet to remove excess heat.
- The size of the freezers is entirely different. Fridges have multiple doors, and anything can be stored in them. But freezers have a practical design and only have one or two shelves maximum.
- There is a high level of energy consumption from the freezers compared to the normal fridges.
- Comparatively, the freezers are more versatile and robust.
Uses of the freezer
- These freezers are used for storing food, beverages, and raw materials.
- The static refrigeration provides a good freeze when adding food items to it.
- The commercial freezer absorbs all the heat from the products placed in them and makes them cool with the technique of evaporation and condensation.
- It is designed to make stacking or storing food easier.
- It has the right capacity to hold a certain amount of products that you want to store in it.
- The features are very organised, and it’s super easy to use.
- It is very energy-efficient as it keeps the food frozen until you want.
- Some freezers have self-closing doors, which makes sure to refill the chillness again inside it.
- It has a vast space which helps you store food for long-term preservation.
- It can be stored with display merchandisers and also ice creams.
- You can even change the use of your freezer to a refrigerator by changing the temperature of the appliance.
- You can even put a freezer in your garage, but make sure it has good air circulation and the place is dry for it to function at its best.
- The freezers are stainless steel and scratch-resistant.
- Made with commercial-grade materials, these are easy to clean and keep away from bad bacteria. Which helps the staff maintain food safety.
- A freezer can last from 12 to 20 years. Even Though the warranty stands for five years only.
The size and layout of the freezers are amazing, and you can always store all your needs, which means you don’t have to worry about leaving out something that has to be stored. You can store the things that help you make your signature dishes, and you wouldn’t run out of space. You can choose your freezer based on the range of size, colour, and exterior finishes depending on your needs and want.
These freezers are noisy and are not the choices for home, but you can place one in the stores which attract people. It is most commonly used in grocery stores, supermarkets, mini-marts, convenience stores, fruits and vegetable vendors, cafes, and restaurants. The freezers are more expensive than the regular refrigerators, as they provide long-time coolers to serve commercial kitchens and bars. It depends on the quality and size.