Your intentions are to reach higher. The first question that comes to your mind when you think about it is what degree I should take! Marketing or finance? There are countless business degrees and programs available from accounting to human resources and management but you have to see what degree you have at the moment, which can guarantee you a secure job.
To make your problem easier, we’ve compared the two top business topics marketing vs. finance. Whether you want to learn a creative marketing approach or develop an analytical approach to finance.
Marketing vs. Finance: The Basics
A business degree covers a wide range of programs and career paths. It is a broad term that covers a wide range of topics. When you choose a major subject, you have to think more about the nature of the job.
Marketing is the process of introducing or promoting products or services to other businesses or directly to the consumer. It uses traditional means such as TV or print advertising, flyers, newsletters, and billboards, or new digital means.
Read Also: What is Digital Marketing?
The scope and influence of digital marketing is growing rapidly, including content marketing, search engine optimization, and email marketing. On the other hand, it is about finance, money and asset budgeting and accounting.
This is similar to accounting, which involves computing and investing. Those who study finance can more effectively manage debt, manage their investment portfolio more effectively, and better monitor the condition and trends of financial markets.
Read Also: 5 Free Digital Marketing Courses
General marketing jobs
Having learned the basics of marketing and finance, let’s take a look at some of the common jobs and duties associated with marketing:
- Develop marketing strategies based on goals and marketing trends
- Promote services and products through various marketing activities
- Describe the product offered and devise a strategy for pricing it
The growth rate in this job is 9%
- Finding stable customers and motivating them to buy products
- Inform stable customers about the merits of products or offers and persuade them to buy or take interest.
- Establish public relations with consumers through regular inspections
The growth rate in this job is 7%.
Market Research Analyst
- Collecting material about market conditions and preparing relevant material to ensure the possible sale of the product.
- Determining a company’s position in the market and comparing the prices and sales of products of other competing companies to increase sales by introducing a possible reduction in company product prices or schemes.
- Collecting data and information through surveys, polls, and questionnaires.
The growth rate in this job is 19%.
- Creating, maintaining and promoting the company’s public image through the media
- Establish beneficial relationships between companies and consumers, communities, or groups working in the public interest.
- Determining the goals and needs of different companies and developing strategies to promote products and services.
The growth rate in this job is 6%.
Digital Marketing Specialist
- Develop digital strategies to promote product exposure and effectiveness.
- Review online consumer attitudes towards products and markets
- Monitoring and evaluating content and results for further optimization
The growth rate in this job is 2 to 4 percent.
- Keep a record of the company’s assets, damages, taxes and profits
- Review of financial statements and reports for standardization and accuracy
- Managing tax returns and preparing reports to meet tax requirements and standards
The growth rate in this job is 11%.
- Research on systems and operations to support management to make work more efficient and efficient.
- Collecting and analyzing data to extract solutions
- Assessing the appropriateness of new strategies and overseeing their implementation and oversight.
The growth rate in this job is 14%.
- Review of accurate and actionable budget estimates
- Review monthly departmental budgets and accounting reports
- Assist business leaders in cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation
The growth rate in this job is 3%.
- Assist a company or institution in financial decision making
- Creating and overseeing budgets, financial plans and investments
- Writing and submitting business reports, financial forecasts and annual budgets and review reports
The minimum educational qualification for the above-mentioned jobs is a Bachelor’s degree. Now it is up to you to decide which of the above-mentioned jobs you are equipped with. However, above all, your passion and interest in marketing and finance is the only way that can lead you to success in these fields.
General Finance Jobs Financial Analyst
- Preparing reports on the latest and past financial data
- Determining the value and goals of the company through financial statements and meetings
- Collect trends and data and build investment portfolios
The growth rate in this job is 12%.
A Finance Officer Job description generally includes:
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Processing invoices
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and process
- Providing customer service to clients
- Resolve financial disputes raised by the customer service and sales teams
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
That’s all about Marketing vs. Finance.
Read Also: What Is Career Guidance?