Complete Guide to Perform Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup
Performing Netgear Nighthawk router setup is the best decision that you will ever make if you are looking for a way to access super-fast internet in every damn corner of your house. Configuring a Netgear wireless router via routerlogin.net and Netgear Genie app isn’t that difficult. However, many users get stuck during the process.
If you are also standing in the same queue, worry not. The guidelines mentioned in this post will surely help you to set up your router in a hassle-free manner. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
Netgear Router Setup via Manual Method
Performing Netgear router setup using the Manual method is one of the most preferred methods by users. Walkthrough the below-mentioned guidelines and get to know how to set up a router using the Manual method:
- Power up the Netgear Nighthawk router after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Let the power LED become green.
Note: In case the power LED doesn’t turn green, consider rebooting your Netgear router.
- Connect your Netgear router to the existing modem using any source that you prefer.
- Once you are sure that the connection between your devices is stable, switch on your PC.
- Launch an updated internet browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type the default web or IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear router administrative page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password of your router.
Note: Not sure about the default login credentials? No problem! All you need to do is, refer to the user manual.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear router setup page will welcome you.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions mentioned on the dashboard.
Ta-da! With the help of these guidelines, you will be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup via the Manual method in a hassle-free manner.
Netgear Router Setup Using Genie App
Another way through which you can install a Netgear router and access a fast internet connection is by using the Genie app. Thus, follow the instructions given below in order to set up a router using the Netgear Genie app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for the Genie app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Select the Netgear Genie app from the displayed list of options.
- Tap Download.
- Once the application gets installed, create a Netgear account. You can create a Netgear account using your full name, email address, and password.
- Hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts given on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
And that’s it! You are done performing Netgear router setup using the Genie application.
Still Can’t Perform Netgear Router Setup?
Although the aforementioned steps would’ve helped you configure a router in a hassle-free manner, however, if you are still struggling with the process, follow the troubleshooting steps outlined below:
- Ensure that your Netgear router is getting an uninterrupted power supply.
- If you have decided to use an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, keep a check that it is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Avoid typos while typing the default IP or web address in the address bar of the internet browser.
- Do not perform any background activities on your device while the Netgear Genie app is getting downloaded.
- If you placed your Netgear router near transmitting appliances and reflexive surfaces, relocate it right away!
With that, our guide to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using two different methods comes to an end here. We hope that after walking through this article, you will successfully be able to set up a router in your access and access a seamless internet connection.
On the off chance, you are still unable to set up a router, consider replacing it with a new one. Perhaps, there is something wrong with your router itself. Or, bring an extender home and perform Netgear extender setup.