Common Types of Protein Powder for Your Health Goals

Diet is inevitably related to exercise. You must make sure you feed your body enough nutrients to support the workouts that it sustains. Eating right involves consuming the right amount of your macros, namely your proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. If you are looking to build muscle or bulk up, in particular, then protein will be your best friend. The tricky part, however, has to do with making sure that you take in enough protein for your body weight.

Read Also: 5 Primary Symptoms of Protein Deficiency

If you are struggling to hit your protein targets from your food alone, you can turn to protein powder. Protein powder and shakes have become increasingly popular nutrient sources for people looking to achieve health goals. You can find protein powder online or in physical stores. In short, they are easily accessible if you need to get some. The challenge, however, lies in choosing the right kind to make sure it is suitable for your health goals.

Whey Protein

Whey protein is one of the most popular types of protein powders since it aids in building muscle and increasing muscle strength. It has a rich content of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), especially leucine that has the most significant impact on muscle protein synthesis (MPS).

Additionally, whey protein is also known for being a thermogenic protein, which helps boost the calories that you burn. This attribute explains why whey is also commonly used by people who are looking to burn fat.

If you are looking for whey protein powder online or in stores, you may find two types: whey isolate and whey concentrate. Whey isolate usually contains 90% or more protein by weight, while whey concentrate contains around 80% by weight, with the remaining 20% containing carbohydrates and fats.

 Casein Protein

Casein is also a protein found in milk. Similar to whey, it is a great source of BCAAs but takes much longer to digest, making it ideal for a steadier delivery of amino acids to your muscles. Since it releases the amino acids more slowly, casein protein is ideally taken before bed to help your muscles recover while you sleep.

Pea Protein

Pea protein is an excellent choice for vegans, vegetarians, and people who are allergic to dairy and eggs. It is also a rich source of BCAAs and is absorbed faster than casein protein but slower than whey protein. Despite being a plant-based powder, pea protein is known for having an extremely high digestion rate. So you can get the majority of amino acids in every serving you consume.

Read Also: Want Bigger Muscles? Protein Is the Building Block to Success

Hemp Protein

Hemp protein is another popular plant-based protein powder that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and contains the nine essential amino acids for your body. Despite having lower levels of lysine and leucine, it is still an excellent choice for building muscle mass as it is a complete protein. Since it is plant-based, it is also a great substitute if you have any allergies.

Egg Protein

Eggs are undoubtedly a great source of protein for your body since they are also a complete protein source. Egg protein, which is usually made with egg whites, is a rich source of leucine, making it suitable for gaining lean muscle mass and muscle strength. Though whey protein is known to be rich in leucine. The egg comes next in the list for leucine richness. Moreover, since it is made from the animal product, it turns out to be a good alternative for people with dairy allergies.

Read Also: How to Make Shampoo with Egg?

Author Bio: Mary Kate is a freelance writer who offers to ghostwrite, copywriting, and blogging services. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention and increases their search engine visibility.

admin

NEWSNBLOGS, Digital marketing enthusiast and industry professional in Digital Marketing, Social Media, Business News, and Technology News, with vast experience in the media industry, have a keen interest in business technology, News breaking.

Leave a Comment

close