What Clearance is Required for Microwaves?
Taking good care of your electronic gadgets is a must if you want them to serve you to their full potential. Not only does this help you get the best out of your appliances, but it also makes sure that they last for a longer duration. For this reason, taking care of even the minor details is very important.
In the case of a microwave oven, clearance is an important issue. If you do not have the appropriate clearance, the heat might not escape from the gadget as expected and cause it to overheat. The best way to avoid this issue is to place the microwave in the perfect position. Do not try to put your microwave in a congested place. Most microwaves are designed to be countertop models, so the vents are typically located on the sides and at the top. Ensure that you do not have any obstruction in these areas for the smooth functioning of your microwave. Furthermore, if you are worried about the LG microwave oven price, buy it with the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card and enjoy greater convenience and benefits.
How Much Clearance is Ideal?
Let us now set the standards, so that there is no confusion when you purchase a new microwave oven.
- Get at least a 3-inch clearance on both the flanks of the microwave oven. Therefore, it is a given that you might not find your kitchen cupboard suitable for installing the appliance. Nobody will risk a fire in their kitchen or in any part of their house. The 3-inch clearance rule also applies to the top of the microwave. In any case, make sure there is enough space around the appliance.
- A 1-inch clearance at the rear is recommended. Make sure that the periphery is clean so that the microwave does not suck in dust and dirt in the process.
- If you have kept the microwave oven on a counter, make sure that it is at least 2-feet clear off the edge. Cooking is an intense exercise and often appliances keel over the edge. Plus, you cannot rule out children getting frisky around the gadgets.
What Precautions Should be Followed?
There are a lot of issues that remain unaddressed when the operation of a microwave is explained. These are important points to remember since the LG microwave oven price is quite significant.
- It is very important that you do not put your microwave oven close to a heat source. Take the same level of care of your microwave as you reserve for your essential gadgets.
- If the microwave has been provided with feet, do not remove them. They are not there just for stability, although that is a valid enough reason for not tampering with it. These feet may also have been installed to make way for vents at the bottom of the microwave, so removing them could cause a disaster.
- Finally, do not use your microwave as a counter. It sounds silly, but it is astounding to know how many people regularly use the microwave top to keep their cookery notebooks and other objects. Steer clear of purposes other than for which the microwave has been purchased and installed.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
People often commit mistakes unknowingly, because what they are doing comes naturally to them. Also, since these mistakes are not outright dangerous, they continue doing so until there is a mishap. For instance, storing a microwave in your bedroom is not a good idea. In other words, try to place your microwave in the most spacious area in your house. Also, ensure a good exhaust system so that the heat does not subsist in the room. Safety is an important point that cannot be ignored by any means. Furthermore, if you have purchased a new microwave, you might have the temptation of stacking it over the old one. This is not a bad idea per se, but make sure that the microwave ovens are stackable. Also, stack only if the new microwave is lighter than the older one so that nothing breaks in the stacking process. It is better to be safe than sorry.
A lot of issues arise regarding the use of a cabinet for storing a microwave oven. Indeed, cabinets look pretty and are a good way to protect your microwave. However, not all microwaves can be inserted into cabinets. There are special built-in microwaves that can be placed inside cabinets, but it is not recommended to install a freestanding microwave in a cabinet. If you are trying to save space, you can go for the over-the-range microwaves, which are probably a bit dated but do the work just fine.
Now purchase your preferred microwave oven model by utilizing the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card, and easily convert its price into affordable EMI. The EMI Network Card comes with a pre-approved loan of up to Rs. 4 lakh, with flexible tenors ranging from 3 months to 24 months.
Read more articles.