If you’ve recently purchased an electric standing desk, congratulations! You’ve joined the ranks of a growing number of people who are committed to improving their health and productivity by standing more during the workday. If you’re one of the many people who are now working from home, you might be considering investing in a standing desk. Electric standing desks are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer a wide range of benefits over traditional sit-down desks.
It’s important to find the right spot for your desk. You’ll want to make sure it’s in a spot where there’s plenty of light and where you won’t be distracted by other things going on in the room. Once you’ve found the perfect location, it’s time to start setting up your desk. Most electric standing desks come with easy-to-follow instructions, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting it set up. Here’s a quick guide on how to use an electric standing desk, so you can get the most out of it.
- Start slowly. If you’re not used to standing for long periods of time, it’s important to ease into it. Start by standing for a few minutes every hour or so, and gradually increase the amount of time you spend standing each day. If you start to feel any discomfort, make sure to adjust the height of your desk accordingly
- Take breaks. Standing all day can be tiring, so make sure to take plenty of breaks. Sit down for a few minutes every hour or so to give your feet a rest. And your body will recover. Adjust the time you spend standing everyday to get used to it.
- Create standing/sitting intervals
You’re probably feeling really excited after just buying a brand new adjustable standing desk. And you should be! But, even though you may be eager to finally change your habits and start standing all the time while you work, you need to start slowly. If you don’t, you’ll likely end up in a lot of pain. That’s because changing the way you position your body for extended periods of time (even though it’s technically not natural) will cause you a lot of pain. To limit the amount of pain you experience, start by using your sit-stand desk interchangeably, alternating between standing and sitting.Height adjustable standing desk has a memory position to save your sit and stand height.
- Invest in a good mat. A comfortable mat will make standing for long periods of time much more bearable. Look for a mat that has anti-fatigue properties and is thick enough to cushion your feet. The best standing desk mats will provide comfortable cushioning and support for your feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back. They should also be durable and easy to clean.
- Adjust your desk height. The ideal desk height for standing is between 40 and 50 inches. If your desk is too low or too high, it will be uncomfortable to stand for long periods of time. Make sure to Keep your screen at eye-level when standing to reduce strain on the neck and shoulders.
When you are sitting at your electric standing desk, it is important to sit up straight in your chair with your feet flat on the floor. You should also keep your knees at a 90-degree angle and your hips should be in line with your knees. It is important to avoid crossing your legs as this can put unnecessary strain on your back and legs. You should also avoid slouching in your chair as this can cause back pain. Adjust the height according to your sitting height and make sure the monitor is at eye level to help reduce strain on your neck.
When you are standing at your electric standing desk, it is important to keep your feet shoulder-width apart and to distribute your weight evenly. Keep your knees slightly bent and avoid locking your knees. It is important to keep your spine straight and to avoid slouching. Adjust the height of the desk so that your elbows are at a 90-degree angle when typing. You may also want to use a footrest to help reduce strain on your legs. And adjust the desk according to your standing height and keep your screen at eye-level.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying the many benefits of your new electric standing desk. We hope these tips help you in your journey to a healthier lifestyle. Are you using a standing desk? Let us know in the comments what you think about the experience.