The Brief Guide That Makes Transporting and Storing Chemicals Safe
Do you need to store or transport chemicals safely? If so, you must learn the international regulations and directives you must follow.
The fact is, transporting and storing chemicals can present multiple health-related, environmental, and financial risks. Because of this, you must learn more about the proper way to handle the process.
Invest in the Necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
If your job involves storing or transporting chemicals, protecting yourself is a must. Having the proper PPE is a must.
At a minimum, you should have:
- Eye protection
- Chemical resistant gloves
- Lab coats
- Chemical aprons
- Closed-toe shoes
After you get the proper PPE, you need to note potential trip hazards, the locations of workstations, and nearby people. Making sure you have a clear path for moving chemicals is a must to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
Tips for Storing Chemicals Safely
There are more than a few things that you need to know when working to store hazardous chemicals safely. If you aren’t sure how to do this or need help with transport logistics, www.broekmanlogistics.com is available to help.
However, some tips for the safe storage of chemicals include:
- Ensure the safe location, design, and installation of handling and storage systems
- Use the necessary safety placards and signage
- Separate any substances that may interact
- Have clean up systems in place for spill containment
- Control ignition sources near flammable substances
- Create emergency plans to deal with incidents
By using these tips, you will have the best chance possible of storing hazardous chemicals safely.
Tips for Transporting Chemicals Safety
Some chemicals are considered hazardous and dangerous. This is particularly true for those with acute physical hazards. Because of this, you need some tips to make sure you can safely transport these hazardous chemicals. These tips include:
- Be sure the driver has the proper licensing and training
- Avoid moving chemicals with water, food, or other reactive items
- Use the necessary equipment and signs for the vehicle
- Follow the segregation and separation rules for transporting mixed types of chemicals
- Separate chemicals and foodstuffs
- Record the chemicals being transported
- Properly secure hazardous chemicals, so they don’t fall or move
Remember, there are laws related to transporting hazardous chemicals, so you must know what these are and follow them to avoid dangerous situations, penalties, or fines.
Your Guide to Safely Transporting and Storing Chemicals
If you need to find ways to transport or store chemicals safely, the tips above should help. Storing chemicals safely will help ensure you don’t create hazards for anyone in the vicinity.
The same is true for moving chemicals from one location to another.
Are you searching for more information and resources? If so, be sure to take time to read our blogs on topics like travel, health, sports, technology, and more. We post often to help ensure you stay informed.