Setting up a router is a simple task but still, you need to be very careful as one wrong step can lead you to a complete mess. Here we are guiding you to set up NETGEAR router.
You can configure your router in many ways. Here we are providing you with some easy ways, which will make your task simple.
For quick setup, use the manual method. To begin with the setup using Smart Wizard, ensure that your device is properly connected to the power socket. Also, make sure that your router is connected with modem and you have all the configuration information provided by ISP beforehand.
Follow the steps mentioned below to set up Netgear router:
- Insert disk that comes with your NETGEAR router. The disk will start automatically. If not, go to my disk and double click on it.
- A dialog box will appear to select the language or sometimes it automatically detect language which you’re using on your system.
- After selecting the language, a Welcome screen appears. Select Setup to begin the installation.
- After clicking the Setup button, follow the instructions that appear on the wizard carefully to finish the setup.
- After finishing, you can initiate the Netgear router login process.
After performing these steps, the user can have access to the internet. But, sometimes, users find this method a little tricky to do it on their own or face errors. So, here we are providing you
with some other ways for configuring your router with your device. One of the best ways to configure your NETGEAR router is with the help of NETGEAR Nighthawk app.
Follow the instructions given below carefully for setting up your NETGEAR router and enjoy hassle-free internet services on your devices.
Simple steps to Set up NETGEAR Router using Nighthawk app
- Ensure that your router is turned on, if not then do it now.
- If you are an Android user Download NETGEAR Nighthawk app from Play Store.
- For iOS users, install the app from the Apple store.
- Once downloaded, launch NETGEAR Nighthawk App.
- Then Nighthawk Router Login page will appear.
- Just sign in to your NETGEAR account, a dashboard will appear after successfully signing in and your device is ready to configure.
Configuring your NETGEAR router is a pretty simple task, but still, some users find it difficult to do. Sometimes users come across with several kinds of issues and are unable to perform the setup process through NETGEAR Nighthawk app. Then, they can also perform NETGEAR setup through their internet browser without using the app. Here, we have come up with some simple steps, which will guide you about how to set up your NETGEAR router using a web browser. Simply, go through the steps given below:
Steps to Set up Netgear Router using ‘routerlogin.net‘
- Turn on your NETGEAR router.
- Open your preferred Internet browser on your device and make sure that you are using an updated version of your browser.
- Now, type ‘routerlogin.net‘ in the address bar.
- A Login page will appear. Fill in the required credentials on a page displayed.
- After inputting all the required information, click the Login button.
- After clicking it, the NETGEAR admin page will appear and your router ready to install.
If you still can’t get into the NETGEAR dashboard, then you can also use Router default IP to get onto your NETGEAR dashboard. Go through these steps carefully to access NETGEAR Admin page through IP address.
Netgear Router Set up using the Default IP
- Switch on your device and router as well.
- Go to the updated internet browser on your device which you prefer.
- In the address bar, you need to type ‘192.168.1.1‘ and click enter.
- A Login page will appear where you need to fill in all the required details.
- Press the Login button, a basic Admin panel will appear. From here, you can configure your router and modify its settings as per your requirements.
By performing these steps, you can easily configure your Netgear router and enjoy uninterrupted internet.