Isn’t it annoying when the Netgear range extender fails to serve its purpose? Yes, you got it right. We are talking about the no internet connection issue with the Netgear range extender. If you have also come across the Netgear extender says no internet connection issue, we’ve got you covered. Here, we will provide you with certain hacks that will help you get rid of the issue in a flash. Continue reading.
Fixed: Netgear Extender Says No Internet Issue
- Reboot the Extender
Right from the slow internet connection to the blinking power LED issue, rebooting has been the most versatile solution to fix the extender-related issues. Perhaps, it might also bring you luck in fixing the issue you’re currently facing.
Read the instructions mentioned below in order to know the correct steps to reboot your Netgear range extender:
- Disconnect the Netgear extender from the host router.
- Now, turn off the extender by pressing the Power button.
- Unplug the Netgear extender from its respective wall outlet.
- Wait for a while.
- Re-plug your Netgear extender into the power socket.
- Press the Power button and let the extender light stabilize.
- Reconnect the Netgear extender to the router.
After rebooting your range extender, try to access the mywifiext.local page and see if you’re still struggling with the Netgear router says no internet connection issue. If you are, here’s the next troubleshooting hack.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices
You might also face the Netgear extender says no internet connection issue if the connection between your extender and the router is improper. Thus, consider making it proper. If there is a wireless connection between your WiFi devices, place them at a safe distance for an effective communication.
Just in case you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices, check whether it is free of cuts or not. If it is not, get the old Ethernet cable replaced with a brand new one.
- Relocate the Netgear Extender
Perhaps, you’ve placed your Netgear range extender at an incorrect location due to which you have come across this issue. Well, it is better late than never. It is time to relocate your Netgear WiFi extender.
Let us help you pick the best location for your Netgear range extender:
- Do not place the range extender in a congested room. Else, the WiFi device will overheat putting you in more trouble than you are already facing.
- Consider placing the Netgear extender in the central location of the house so that its wireless signals will spread evenly throughout the home.
- Avoid choosing a location filled with devices emitting radio-wave frequencies.
- Never place your Netgear range extender in corners or near concrete walls, mirrors, fish tanks, metal objects, etc.
After relocating your Netgear extender, connect your wireless client devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext and see if the problem has been fixed or not.
- Turn Off Antivirus
Sometimes, antivirus installed on the wireless client device can also lead you to the issue you’re currently facing. Therefore, consider temporarily disabling antivirus software on the client device.
After disabling the antivirus, try to access the internet and see whether the issue is still there. If yes, then keep reading.
- Reset the Netgear Extender
If the Netgear extender says no internet issue hasn’t been resolved yet, then chances are that your extender is not configured properly. Well, in that case, you need to reconfigure it. Before you do that, consider restoring it to the factory default mode. Now, let us shed light on the steps to reset the Netgear range extender.
- Ensure that the extender is receiving adequate electricity.
- Check all sides of the Netgear range extender and locate the Reset button.
- Once found, get hold of an oil pin and use it to press the Reset button.
- Wait for some time.
- Your Netgear wireless extender will get restored to the factory default settings.
Note: No matter whether you’ve performed Netgear EX6100 setup or owns any other extender model, the steps to reset the WiFi devices remain the same.
In this manner, you can reset your Netgear range extender and rid yourself of the issue you’re currently facing.
That’s all about what to do if your Netgear extender says no internet connection. Putting an end to this post with the hope that you’ll be able to resolve the issue you were facing with the help of the aforementioned tips.