Line-skipping Is Taken to Another Level With This App- Find Out More Here
Waiting in line can be a very dull and tedious affair, whether at a grocery store, the bank, or government offices. People will do whatever they can to avoid waiting their turn. So you can imagine how excruciating waiting in line at your favorite attractions can be at Disney World.
Enter Genie+, the app that takes line-skipping to another level.
With just the touch of a button, you can be magically whisked to the front of the queue no matter the ride or how long the line is. Sounds too good to be true?
Keep reading to learn the best guide to getting more done and how you can hack the system for even more perks.
What is Genie+?
Genie+ is a new app currently available for iPhone and Android users to download and use. It allows users to jump to the front of any line simply by touching a button on their phone. The app uses GPS and geofencing technology to detect when you’re near a bar, giving you the option to join it virtually.
Once you’re in the system, you can see how long the current wait time is and how many people are ahead of you in line. When it’s your turn, you’ll get a notification on your phone prompting you to come to the front.
While the app is free, you’ll need to purchase tickets for each attraction separately. Add the tickets you’ve bought to your account and once you’re ready to go, show the access to the Genie attendant, and they’ll let you in.
Is There a Catch?
The only catch is that you have to pay for the privilege of line-skipping. Genie+ charges a monthly subscription fee, which gives you unlimited access to all of the app’s features. However, there is a free trial period of 7 days, so you can try it out before you commit.
How Can I Hack It?
If you want to get even more out of Genie+, there are a few hacks that you can use.
- If you have a large group, you can join the same line and get VIP treatment for everyone.
- You can use the app to score free stuff. For example, if there’s a line for a free t-shirt, you can use Genie+ to get to the front and score one for yourself.
- You can also use the app to get discounts. For example, if you’re in line for a movie ticket, you can use Genie+ to get a discount on your purchase.
- You can use Genie+ to get access to exclusive events. For example, if you’re trying to get into a sold-out concert or a popular restaurant, you can use Genie+ to get to the front of the line.
The Disney Genie App Services
The app has a few features that are beneficial to users.
- Mobile order- this allows you to order your food from your phone so it will be ready for pickup by the time you arrive at the restaurant.
- Attraction virtual queues- with this, you can join a digital line for attractions through the app, so you don’t have to wait in line physically.
- Restaurant waitlist, check-in, and reservations- the app can help you get onto a restaurant’s waitlist, check in for your reservation, or make a new reservation from your phone.
- Personalized itinerary planning- the app offers a service to help plan out your day at the park so you can hit all the attractions and rides you want to see.
- An updated tip board is a feature in the app that gives you up-to-date information about wait times, closures, and even where the nearest restrooms are.
- Forecasted current and future wait times for attractions- another helpful feature; this one tells you how long the current wait time is for an attraction and the projected wait time.
7. A virtual assistant- this is a feature where you can ask the app questions about the park, and it will give you answers based on its database.
What are The Benefits of Using Genie+?
There are many benefits to using Genie, including:
- You can save time by skipping lines
- You can see how long the current wait time is and how many people are ahead of you in line.
- You’ll get a notification on your phone when it’s your turn to come to the front.
- It’s free to download and use on both iPhone and Android devices.
You can expect a few drawbacks, such as having to pay for the privilege of line-skipping and that the app is only available in select cities, so it may not be available in your area.
What’s the Difference Between Disney Lightning Lane and Genie+?
Lightning Lane is an express lane that allows you to bypass the regular line at certain attractions. There is a fee for using this service, but it includes a FASTPASS for the interest.
Genie+ is an app that allows you to virtually join any line at an attraction. There is no fee for using the app, but you will need to purchase tickets for each drawing separately.
Both services allow you to skip the line, but Lightning Lane does it physically while Genie+ does it virtually.
The Attractions and Rides of Disney World That Allow for Line Skipping with Genie+
There are a lot of different rides at Disney World, and the lines can belong. If you don’t want to wait in line, you can use Genie+ to get to the front. The rides at Disney World include:
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- The Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- It’s a Small World, After All
- Space Mountain
- Disneyland Monorail
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Rock’ n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Note that the highest-rated ride at Disney World is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and the line can be very long. If you don’t want to wait, you can use Genie+ to get to the front.
How to Use the 120 Minute Rule to Stack Genie+ Reservations
With the 120 minutes rule, you can make multiple Genie+ reservations and “stack” them on top of each other. It means that you can make a reservation for an attraction and then make another reservation for another attraction while you’re waiting in line for the first one.
The clock starts ticking when the park opens, so you’ll want to make your first reservation as early as possible. Then, you can earn additional reservations for other attractions while you’re waiting in line for the first one.
For example, let’s say you want to go on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and the Rock’ n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. You would make a Genie+ reservation for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and then make a second Genie+ reservation for the Rock’ n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith while waiting for the first attraction.
You can also use the 120-minute rule to “stack” Genie+ reservations for events and attractions generally with long lines. For example, if you’re trying to get into a sold-out concert or a popular restaurant, you can use Genie+ to make multiple reservations and “stack” them on top of each other.
Discounts And Deals On Genie+
If you’re looking for discounts on Genie+, there are a few ways to save. First, you can check the app for special offers. These offers are typically available for a limited time and may include free tickets or discounted rates. You can also sign up for the genie newsletter to receive exclusive deals and coupons.
How to Get Disney Genie+
There are two ways to get Disney Genie+.
Before the visit – If you want to use Disney Genie+ during your visit, you’ll need to download the app and create an account. You can do this by visiting the App Store or Google Play and searching for “Disney Genie.” Once you’ve downloaded the app, could you open it and create an account? Then, you can start adding tickets to your account.
During your visit- If you’re already at Disneyland and want to use Disney Genie+, you can go to one of the participating attractions and purchase a ticket. Once you have your ticket, open the app and join the line virtually.
To Sum It Up
You know that line-skipping is essential to having a good time if you’re visiting Disney World. There are so many attractions and not enough time to stand in line for them. Fortunately, there’s a Genie plus app for that.
This app takes line-skipping to a whole new level by allowing guests to reserve a spot in line for select rides and shows. With just a few taps on your phone, you can enjoy your favorite attraction without waiting in line. Download Genie+ and make good of your time during your next Disney World trip today.