Packaging is crucial for your online store because it makes a good impression and keeps your product safe. Packing things the right way helps keep your reputation intact by preventing damaged products from arriving at your customers.
There are several different types of packaging that you can use.
The question is: should you use external packaging or internal packaging? Each has its own benefits and downsides. And which one is right for your business depends on your individual business needs. So, before we choose our packing method, let’s learn more about what each type of packing entails.
External packaging is nothing more than a specially tailor-made bag that is used to seal up a product from the outside. The external packaging is made to fit the dimensions of the product. It is used in order to protect the integrity and quality of a product while transporting it from one place to another. The external package protects the product from outside dangers such as moisture. And sunlight while using special materials like polythene or paper for its construction.
The following benefits of this type of packaging
- Dust, moisture, sunlight, and heat (UV rays) — All of these external elements can damage your product as well as the package itself. Exterior packaging can prevent this from happening.
- Scratching and denting — The package containing the product is usually soft or fragile. To prevent damage to the product, you need to take precautionary steps. An external bag is one of them.
- Damage that may occur due to rough handling — If you’re sending your product out to a friend or a customer, it is important that you send it carefully. You can seal up the product inside the package to prevent this from happening.
On the other hand, there are also some downsides to using external packaging.
- The bag should be reusable — You definitely don’t want the bag wearing out after just one use because this would mean that it is no longer usable. You will have to replace it with a new one.
- Additional costs — You will have to purchase external packaging before submitting an order. In order to prevent this from happening, look out for reliable suppliers of packing supplies. Such as those listed on the next page.
Depending on the type of product that you want to store, different types of internal packaging are tailor-made from materials such as paperboard and cardboard. Some types of internal packaging are:
Gift boxes can be tailor-made in many shapes and sizes. The most common ones include square boxes, round boxes, and rectangular boxes. Some examples of custom printed box packaging include jewelry gift set boxed packaging, watches packaging, plastic key chain packaging, etc. You can find more details about these types of product packaging by searching Google Images or taking a glance at the listed on the next page.
POP displays are the biggest style of box. They usually have a flat face or square base and come in various sizes, shapes, and colors.
Some types of products can be packed in wooden boxes as well. You can find more details about these types of product packaging by searching Google Images or taking a glance at the listed on the next page.
There are also several other internal types of packaging that you can use depending on your product’s size and shape. The important thing to keep in mind here is that the custom packaging must be able to protect the product from all elements outside and inside. These include heat, vibration, moisture, and cold as well.
Why should you consider shipping?
If you want to go globally, then it is my recommendation that you should also start providing shipments of your products! Becoming a seller on international e-commerce marketplaces is one of the easiest ways to promote your products outside of your local region. Such platforms are very popular among online shoppers, and they can make business by selling products through these platforms.
Making shipments is also very important because it helps you increase sales and expand your business globally. The shipping cost is considered one of the hidden costs in order. When you ship an order to a remote location, the cost becomes more expensive than sending the same order to a nearby location. Therefore, setting accurate shipping rates based on the distance from the customer and the weight of an order is quite important.
You must be wondering where will you get the option to design your own packaging for the bulky order.
Contact a packaging expert
There are many packaging companies available out in the market where you can get custom boxes wholesale. This means you can have your custom packaging for small businesses as per your requirements in the bulky orders. You can find various packaging companies, such as cusomboxmakers. They provide the best packaging for the shipping purpose that can keep your product safe and sound for a longer period of time.