Hair loss treatments are medications, supplements, or surgical procedures used to treat hair loss, also known as alopecia. There are several instances when you may want to consider hair loss treatment in Singapore, you may continue reading this article to find out more or you might also want to visit https://artisanclinic.sg/artisan-hair-regrowth-treatment/ for more information about the treatment.
- You’re experiencing scalp or eyebrow hair loss: Scalp hair loss is common among men as they age, usually caused by male pattern baldness. Baldness can also be hereditary or brought on by certain diseases. Eyebrow hair loss affects women more often than men and may result from alopecia areata, an autoimmune disorder that causes sudden eyebrow hair loss. Hair regrowth treatments work best when the cause of your scalp or eyebrow hair loss is known.
- You have early stages of male or female pattern baldness: Some hair growth treatments need to be started during the early stages of genetic hair loss before too much scalp hair has been lost. These include pills like Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride), which work by blocking the production of a hormone that causes hair loss.
- Your hair loss is caused by an underlying medical condition: Your doctor may recommend treatments for your hair loss if it’s caused by an underlying medical condition like thyroid disease, lupus, or iron deficiency anemia.
- You’ve tried over-the-counter products without success: If you’ve been attempting over-the-counter hair growth products like shampoos and scalp treatments without success, your doctor may prescribe medication or suggest a surgical procedure.
- You’re experiencing other types of hair loss: Some people experience hair loss in other places on their body, such as the arms, legs, or pubic area. If you’re experiencing hair loss in these areas, your doctor may recommend a different type of hair loss treatment in Singapore.
How effective are Hair Loss Treatments?
Most hair growth treatments work best when started early and used continuously. The degree of hair re-growth varies from person to person, and the likelihood of success also depends on the underlying cause of your hair loss. Some people experience complete re-growth, while others see only a slight improvement in their hair loss. In general, the earlier you start using a hair growth treatment, the better your chances for successful re-growth.
Now, even though hair growth treatments work, there are a few things your doctor would want you to know before proceeding with hair loss treatments. For example, hair growth treatments do not cure baldness, and they may not work for everyone. In addition, you must be patient because hair growth treatments take time to produce results. Some people experience minor side effects like scalp itching or a rash, but these usually go away after a short period of time. Finally, hair growth treatments can be expensive, so it’s important to find the one that fits your budget.
How to Choose the Best Hair Loss Treatment for you
When choosing a hair loss treatment in Singapore, it’s important to consider the cause of your hair loss, your age, and whether you’re comfortable taking medication or have time for daily scalp applications. If you’re not sure which treatment is right for you, talk to your doctor, who can help you make the best decision based on your individual situation.
Ideally, hair loss treatments would only be ideal for you if;
- You have a family history of baldness, or your hair loss is connected to androgenic alopecia (genetic male-pattern baldness), which means you’re at risk for losing more scalp hair in the future if you don’t treat it now.
- You’re experiencing eyebrow hair loss because of alopecia areata, an autoimmune disorder that causes sudden eyebrow hair loss. In this case, using a hair growth treatment will help you protect against further hair loss from occurring.
- Your hair loss is caused by an underlying medical condition like thyroid disease, lupus, or iron deficiency anemia.
- You’ve tried over-the-counter products without success and want to try a prescription product instead.
- You’re experiencing other types of hair loss (like in your arms, legs, or pubic area) and want to use a treatment that will work for this type of alopecia as well.
Are Hair Loss Treatments Safe?
Even though hair loss treatments work, the safety aspect is a fairly common issue that bothers most people considering the treatments. Are hair loss treatments safe, and do they have any potential side effects? The answer to this question is not a simple one as it depends on the individual and the type of treatment he or she decides to undergo.
Some hair growth treatments, like Rogaine (minoxidil), for example, are considered safe when used as directed by a doctor. However, there are some risks associated with using minoxidil, including scalp itching, redness, and irritation. In addition, minoxidil may interact with other medications you’re taking, so be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any new treatments.
Other hair growth treatments, such as Propecia (finasteride), carry more risks and should only be taken under the guidance of a doctor. Propecia has been linked to a number of potential side effects, including decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, and problems with ejaculation. It’s important to note that not everyone who takes Propecia experiences these side effects, but they are possible. If you’re concerned about the risks associated with any hair growth treatment, be sure to talk to your doctor before starting it.
FAQs about Hair Loss Treatment in Singapore
How long will it take for me to see the results?
Most people start seeing results within 3-6 months of using a hair loss treatment in Singapore, but it may take up to 12 months for maximum re-growth.
Do I need to continue using the treatment indefinitely?
No, you only need to use a hair loss treatment for as long as it takes your scalp and skin to get used to the product. Once this happens, your doctor will likely instruct you to switch or stop using the treatment completely.
How much does a hair growth treatment cost?
This varies depending on which type of treatment you’re considering and whether or not insurance covers it. For example, finasteride medication can cost anywhere from $30-$90 per month depending on where you purchase it from, while topical minoxidil costs about $10 a bottle for 2-4 months worth of treatments. Other types of hair restoration procedures may be more costly but are not typically covered by insurance.
Where can I find a doctor who specializes in hair loss treatment in Singapore?
The Artisan Wellness Clinic is one of the best clinics providing hair regrowth treatments in Singapore. To find a doctor specializing in hair loss treatment in Singapore, you can search on your browser; “hair loss treatment near me, Singapore.” This will make it easier to find information on doctors near you specializing in treating hair loss.
How long does a hair restoration procedure take?
This also varies depending on the type of procedure you choose, but typically you can expect the Artisan Hair regrowth procedure to take just 10 to 15 minutes.
No one treatment is right for everyone, so it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of each before making a decision. Talk to your doctor about what type of hair loss treatment is best for you, and be sure to ask any questions you may have about the safety and potential side effects of each treatment. With just a little bit of research, you can find the perfect hair growth treatment for you and get back to having healthy, luscious locks.
For more information on hair loss treatments, please call: +65 8879 7887.
The Artisan Clinic @ Wisma
435 Orchard Rd, 20-03 Wisma Atria Office Tower, Singapore 238877
+65 8879 7887