AOMEI Partition Assistant SE is a free disk partition software that has all the basic partitioning tools you can expect, as well as other advanced functions that you will not find everywhere.
In addition to the ability to become a partition manager and copy, expand, resize, delete, and format partitions, one of the most interesting features is the ability to create Windows OS that is open to the software before Windows launches.
- Works on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Windows PE bootable disk or USB device can be created with AOMEI Partition Assistant SE and used to manage partitions in case you can’t restart the operating system or if you want to avoid a reboot after some changes.
- Everything you do is online and will not work on disks until you select Install, after which all tasks will be completed, one after the other in the order you have selected.
- It can extend the partition of the system without having to restart the computer
- App Mover lets you open up space by moving apps to a different drive
- Changing the size of the variant is very easy because you can set the values yourself to define the size of the split or slide the left or right button to make it smaller or larger.
- Two adjacent partitions can be easily integrated into a Merge Partitions wizard
- Copy Wizard allows you to copy all content to one hard drive or partition, and paste it into another; You can choose to copy data only or copy the entire drive/partition, sector by category, including free space.
- It enables you to migrate os to ssd windows 10
- You can also move the operating system to a different hard drive, which is similar to a copy job but requires a restart.
- All parts of the drive can be removed immediately with a single click
- New components may contain the following file programs: NTFS, FAT / FAT32, exFAT, EXT2 / EXT3, or left unformatted.
- The converter can change the file system to and from NTFS and FAT32 without erasing the data
- Includes solid-state drive (SSD) eraser wizard so you can set your SSD back to its original state
- Scheduled defrags allow you to use the default defrags daily, weekly, monthly, or with event settings.
- Two divisions can be combined as one without losing data
- A portable version can be created within the system
- Separation can be hidden and split into two
- MBR can be reconstructed from scratch
- The option allows the program to shut down the computer when the setup is complete
- Partition Recovery Wizard can be used to try to recover lost or deleted parts
- Select files and folders that can be permanently extracted by various data purification methods, including Writ Zero, Random Data, DoD 5220.22-M, or Gutmann
- A disk scan test can detect any parts of the disk that are damaged
- You can convert disks between MBR and GPT
- Supports drive character change and volume label
- Partitions and hard drives can be erased to extract all data
- Chkdsk can be used against any partition to try to correct errors
We’ve used several free split tools, and we have to say we like AOMEI Partition Assistant. Not only is the visual interface well thought out and easy to use, but it also has all the basic, advanced features, anyone can expect … all for free.
One thing we should also talk about is the Windows PE version. With it, you set up partitions easily even if you do not have an operating system installed. The program is the same as the one running on Windows but instead is presented on a disk or USB device, such as a flash drive.
You can create this Windows PE disk using the “Bootable Media” wizard, which allows you to burn directly to a disk or USB device, and send the program to an ISO file, which you can use on a virtual machine or burn. on disk or burn on a USB device yourself.
Because there is also a professional version of AOMEI Partition Assistant, there are a few features that are not available in this standard program. However, there are still more useful tools in this free version than we have seen with other free disk partition programs.