The HR department can be overwhelmed and is entrusted with a tremendous amount of paperwork. As a result, many companies fail to recognize the efforts of the HR department, and managers overlook their hard work. However, the HR department plays a crucial role in the overall success of any business. It also improves the management of the workforce.
When it comes to hiring new employees and training them or ensuring smooth payroll processing, HR has a huge responsibility in a business. Since the past few years, the job of HR has changed, from simply onboarding and hiring, into strategic plan-of-action and making sure that all policies and laws are adhered to within an organization. If the HR department is not functioning correctly, the HR department will not achieve one of its primary goals, and that is managing the workforce.
The areas in which HR plays the key role in ensuring a smooth flow within the company include:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Development and training
- Strategic management
- Handling payroll process
- Assuring the safety of employees and their satisfaction
- Benefits and compensation for employees
- Dissolving conflict within the company
With so many responsibilities handled by HR departments, organizations realize that it’s impossible to manage these tasks by hand. That is when automation enters the picture. Automation takes over most aspects of HR tasks, and HR personnel are happy to change with this trend because it makes their job easier in numerous ways.
Let’s look at the 7 HR processes that can be automated.
Thanks to the advances in technology that has enabled the advancement of technology, most HR-related tasks are now automated to save the valuable time that HR employees spend on repetitive manual work. Some HR tasks that greatly benefit from automation are :
- Recruitment– Recruiting involves many tasks, such as posting job advertisements, answering emails or calls, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, employee evaluation, etc. Most of these tasks involve piles of paperwork, unplaced forms, and ineffective communication. Automating the recruiting process with AI Recruitment Bot assists in various ways, such as shortlisting resumes of candidates following the criteria established. This can save time because HR does not have to dig through piles of papers to choose the best resumes for candidates. A recruitment management system aids in sending out automated emails to the candidate and updating them on their status on the job. Interviews are also automated. Candidates can submit short recorded responses to the questions you’ve specified or conducted interviews via video-calling apps.
- The process of onboarding employees – When a potential employee is selected following is to begin onboarding, which is a crucial HR procedure. Onboarding requires many manual tasks, including collecting the employee’s documentation for verification, filling in various forms, and granting the employee access to different software. Manual onboarding is vulnerable to error and can be tedious for HR. Automating HR comes as an alternative to solve this issue. Automating the onboarding process is a boon for an HR department because it aids the process in many ways. Chatbots from HR can help new employees learn the best way to fill out forms. Automating the process will ensure that information about new employees such as Name, Date of Birth, Social Security number, Date of birth are not required to be filled out repeatedly. The tool gathers all the required information and fills the forms. This can save a lot of time and improve the user experience.
- Payroll – Manually, calculating each employee’s Paid Leaves, In-Out Time, sick leave, etc., can be prone to error. They are also susceptible to being
either underpaid or overpaid. This could cause conflict between employees and employers. Automation of HR is the way to avoid these situations. If the company hires an employee, Human Resources may grant access to automatic payroll software. Payroll software streamlines the payroll process by calculating absence and attendance, generating reports and depositing the salary each month into the appropriate bank without any human intervention. It also generates payslips and offers all tax-related data at the click of a button.
- Time and attendance management is among the most critical HR functions which must be automated. The manual entry of employee attendance frequently results in inaccurate attendance calculations. This causes a myriad of problems such as time theft, incorrect payroll calculations, lack of discipline in the workplace, and other issues. Automating the procedure and taking advantage of a Facial Recognition Attendance Management System allows the company to monitor and control employee attendance by keeping an eye on every employee’s Login/Logout times and breaks, working hours etc. This can be accomplished through biometric attendance systems that prevent data manipulation or proxy entry. Remote employees can be monitored and tracked through mobile apps and geofencing techniques.
- Performance Management – Tracking employees’ performance isn’t a simple job. Automating the process and moving to a system for managing performance will benefit the organization in numerous ways. The tool can be used by organizations to track every employee’s performance, provide them with necessary feedback, and conduct an honest and transparent appraisal.
- The Training of Employees –Training for employees is crucial because it improves their abilities and inspires them to be better. Training Management Systems or TMS is nothing more than using software to assist with managing, documenting, monitoring and analyzing training programs. The traditional method of training in the dust and moving to automated techniques such as portals, apps and webinars on the internet allows participants to take their classes at their speed.
- Expense management – of the many various processes that HR personnel handle, managing expenses is among essential HR tasks. The manual processing, payment and auditing business expenses could lead to mistakes and fraud. The expense management software eases or solves the issues of the finance department by automating the majority of procedures related to business expenses. An expense management program can automate processes like reviewing, approving and paying costs incurred by employees.
Benefits of automation in HR
- Reducing errors manual management of various processes such as timesheets, payroll, attendance, etc., can lead to human error like miscalculations or lost receipts. Automating these processes will reduce the chances of mistakes and accomplish the task quickly.
- Increase productivity with fewer errors and greater efficiency, and it is possible to see an increase in productivity. HR professionals don’t need to spend too much time with tedious paperwork and focus on other tasks that necessitate manual control.
- Cost-effective eliminating manual errors can help reduce costs, and companies can stay within their budget instead of spending massive amounts on fixing the mistakes. Documentation that is printed on paper requires a large quantity of printing and storage. HR automation can cut down on the expense related to this.
- Advanced Analytics and more significant analysis of employee performance automation provide insight into the performance of employees by monitoring, collecting and analyzing the report. As a result, the information can assist in increasing employee performance.
In the last couple of years, use in technologies and automation has increased exponentially more than ever before. Whatever the size of your company is if your goal is to free an HR team from monotonous work and increase the efficiency and efficiency of your business, Automating the HR process is the solution.
Look at the best and affordable HRMS Software for more information on how HR automation has streamlined HR’s work.