Going out to get groceries or any food for that matter could be a stressful issue at times. With new restaurants to try, new cuisines to try, long lines in some cases, the list is endless.
These are just a few reasons why people don’t like eating out. If you fall into the category of people who prefer to have food delivered to their home , then we’ve got you covered. This article contains a list of the cheapest online grocery shopping to choose from.
Home delivery dates back to years before the internet, when food was mostly ordered via phone calls. But since the advent of the internet, food delivery has become a part of everyday life due to the ease with which it is done.
You could be at home punching your phone and have food delivered within minutes, thanks to several online apps. In this post, I will reveal the cheapest online grocery apps.
There are a number of grocery apps available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store through which you can place an order and have food delivered to you. But you will save yourself the stress of searching for these apps. This article compiles the list of the cheapest online grocery shopping apps.
Do you do a job that takes up a lot of your time and leaves you time to prepare food? Do you have a large family and sometimes find it difficult to cook for the family? Then the apps listed below will be at your fingertips. I need you to spare a few minutes and read the list of the cheapest online grocery shopping below.
List of food applications
#1. From milk
Out of Milk tops our list of the best and cheapest online grocery shopping app. If you are looking for a store to buy milk or other food products, I urge you to consider this option. All you have to do is visit Google Play Store or Apple Store and download the app. The app has a lot of amazing features. It keeps you up to date with new updates and there are features to help you track your essentials in the app.
Some outstanding features of the app include the following;
- The app has a friendly and easy-to-use user interface with shopping lists organized by category
- The items you can buy can be easily added to the shopping cart, all you have to do is click on the item
- The app allows sharing with friends on social networks. Want to share your shopping list with friends and family? Just hit the share button and you’re done
- There is a pantry list that helps you save frequently used items.
#2. Google Express
Google Express was created to make online shopping easy and hassle-free. With the app, you don’t have to go through the stress anymore. Google Express is the brainchild of the giant technology company called Google group. With the app, Google is partnering with other well-known companies like Costco, Walmart, Walgreens and Whole Foods Market and many more. Also, apart from groceries and other groceries, Google Express also has some home appliances that e-shops like.
Since its inception, Google Express has provided great service to millions of people in the United States and around the world. So, if you are looking for some of the cheapest online shopping apps, Google Express is one app to consider.
Some of the best features of the app are highlighted below:
- The app does not require a subscription and the delivery is absolutely free. You understand? Absolutely free delivery
- Top return and refund policies
- The app is a 24-hour platform, which means you can shop at any time of the day
- Google Express has an excellent customer support system – Email, calls or live chat, Google Express has you covered
To download visit the Android or iOS app
Instacart makes the list of the cheapest online grocery shopping apps, and it’s no surprise given years of great service. The app offers a lot of amazing features and users can buy all kinds of food from stables to logs. In instacart, you get things like meat, dairy, snacks, drinks and other food items at extremely affordable prices.
I think the app needs little to no introduction if you’ve done the shopping yourself. The app ships nationwide and has been created specifically to take the stress out of shopping. Are you a mom who is constantly busy and doesn’t have time to shop? Or are you a breastfeeding mom with little or no time to go out? All you have to do is go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search for the Instacart app.
Before doing so, you may want to know some distinctive features of the app:
- The delivery time is almost unbeatable. With Instacart, you are sure to get your orders delivered within an hour, although sometimes there may be a delay due to logistics, but the delivery is extremely fast compared to other stores
- Nutritional information available and filtered by organic, gluten-free or vegan diets
- The app has features that allow you to chat with support
- Group baskets to easily shop with family, friends and colleagues.
To download Instacart, visit Android or iOS
Postmates operates one of the best delivery services in the United States. With Postmates, you can get it anywhere in the states, regardless of your location. They don’t just have food delivered to you, they also do the shopping for you.
Some great features at Postmates include the following;
- Postmates deliver and pick up from local or national restaurants and retailers;
- They have excellent delivery
- Users can track their orders in real time
- Free delivery service for minimum amount with unlimited membership;
- Cashless transactions are available even on delivery.
To download the app, visit Android or iOS
# 5. Pal Grocery
Grocery Pal definitely has to be on the list of the cheapest online grocery shopping apps. The app allows users to save money while placing orders. The app has features that help you promote fine sales in stores across the country. Some of these stores include but are not limited to Walmart, Walgreens, Target and so on.
Among the cheapest online grocery shopping apps, Grocery Pals lets you create a shopping list and use coupons and deals digitally when ordering groceries online. You can manage your shopping expenses as the app allows you to compare the price of complementary and additional products and products from different stores. It is an all-in-one app for all your food needs.
Some interesting features of using the app include;
- The app offers lots of amazing discounts to customers.
- It gives you the option to compare prices between stores
- With Grocery Pal, you can redeem coupons to get discounts when you place your order
- The app was created to help you automatically create a backup of your shopping list. When you sign out and visit the app again, you’ll still find your shopping list
To download the app, go to the Android or iOS links
Like other shopping apps listed above, Kroger is one of the best grocery apps around and is available for download in the Google Play or Apple App stores. The app simplifies food ordering and delivery. With Kroger, you can place an online order for groceries and have them delivered to you regardless of your location at a specific time.
To enjoy the amazing services that this app offers, you need to download the app and sign up to register your Kroger shopping card. Registered members have the opportunity to receive exclusive promotions as well as personalized offers.
Some notable features include;
- The application has a simple user interface. You don’t have to be tech savvy to use Kroger
- Show weekly ads based on your shopping history
- Kroger has some smart suggestion features that make your shopping experience seamless
To download the app, visit Android or iOS
If you’ve been the one doing the shopping in your household, then you should probably be familiar with AnyList shopping. The app requires little to no introduction for frequent online shoppers. What features do you like in apps? Is it a simple user interface? Are apps improving your productivity? AnyList has you covered. The app was created to solve all the problems that buyers often face while shopping online, and since its inception, AnyList has enjoyed great user reviews.
Some outstanding features of AnyList include;
- It has some amazing features like automatically placing listings into the categories they belong to
- It has some social icons that allow you to share the list with your family and friends
- Allows you to search and organize ingredients in your recipe.
- Any list is partnered with some popular blogs that help users make informed decisions
To download the app, please visit Android or iOS
#8. Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is an online shopping app that requires no introduction for residents of the states. But while the store is famous for being a tech giant, many people don’t know that Amazon also offers grocery services. You can get all kinds of food at Amazon. To enjoy a shopping experience with Amazon, you need to subscribe to Amazon Prime. It offers you a premium package with many benefits.
Aside from groceries, there are plenty of other items you could use on Amazon. Items range from home electronics to gadgets. Amazon is the largest store in the world and some special features of the store are listed below;
- Amazon operates one of the fastest delivery services. Its Prime feature usually delivers within two hours
- The store has in stock just about anything you want to buy. Amazon is your sure go-to when you want to buy a rare item
- They operate an excellent return and refund policy
To download the app, visit Android and iOS
#9. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is an amazing grocery app. There are a lot of amazing foods to go through the app. Looking for staples or drinks? Checkout 51 has got you covered. The app also rewards loyal customers with loyalty points that help them purchase discounted items.
Customers also have plans to help them earn cash back weekly. Although Checkout 51, you can save money when you shop at stores like Superstore, Walmart, No Frills, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc. The advantage of using the app is endless. Some great features that you can enjoy when using the app include;
- Simple user interface. The application is very simple to use
- The app offers users opportunities to get some cash back when they upload their shopping receipts
- Users can create and save a grocery list
To download the app, go to the Android and iOS link
#10. Uber eats
Another app worth mentioning is UberEats. Uber is a popular taxi app, but the company has since branched out into other businesses. Although Uber eats, you’re sure to get the cheapest online grocery shopping locally. The app connects you to your local restaurant to get cheap food.
DoorDash is one of the apps that everyone should have on their phones, just like other amazing food apps listed so far, DoorDash connects you to stores where you can buy cheap food. Want to place orders for drinks or fresh food? Download DoorDash and place orders from the stores of your choice.
This app is very similar to DoorDash with tons of amazing features including a friendly user interface. Doesn’t it hurt to have several food apps that you know? You may also need to download GrubHub.
The name delivery.com is self-explanatory. This app helps you get food delivered to your door. The app is available for download through the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
We’ve highlighted the 13 cheapest online grocery shopping apps. With the apps listed above, you are guaranteed to get groceries at the best price. If you realize that you have something to share with us, use the comment section below.