Drug and substance addiction has been one of the most challenging things victims have to go through for a long time. It takes a toll not only on the victim but also on his friends and family. It starts with just a single sip of alcohol, a puff of opium, or a single injection of a hard drug. It slowly progresses to the point of no return where there is full-blown dependency. At this stage, the battle cannot be won singlehandedly, and you need all the support you can get.
The first and the most crucial step is to admit that you have an addiction problem and need help. The good thing about any addiction is that there are excellent treatment centers such as Ascendant New York that have devoted all their resources through their superb facilities to ensure that patients get the best treatment and go back to the community and be proactive and productive to the society and their families. After enrolling, you need to commit all your energy and focus on the purpose of recovery. Most of the time, it is tough to tell if you are slowly becoming an addict. The bellow behavioral changes are a sign that one is slowly becoming an addict;
- You become more and easily agitated and less motivated
- Loss of self-awareness
- Slurry speech
- You detach from friends and sometimes family
- Your drug tolerance level increase; thus, you need a larger dosage for the drug to be effective
- Unexplained increase in expenditure and financial debts
Addiction to alcohol, drugs, and substances essentially becomes when they are used frequently. The drug affects the brain so that one loses memory, ability to learn, and motivation. Drug and substance abuse has become fecund nowadays that is it not only among the youth alone but also among the middle-aged people. Rehabilitation 2030 is an initiative of the World Health Organization that promotes better facilities in rehabilitation centers for people who are in detox centers and those with mental health problems. Identifying a good detox center can be very challenging. However, there are standard guidelines for a detox center. These are;
- There should be easy access to the facility by the patient
- There should be no general treatment for all patients; every patient is given their personalized treatment.
- If the patients experience any positive or negative changes in their condition, the treatment should be changed to accommodate those changes.
- The patient should be tested for other conditions such as infectious diseases, heart complications, or other pre-existing conditions. This will give them an all-around treatment.
- They should be closely monitored to determine their response to treatment and prevent relapses
- The normal function of the brain can be restored through the doctor’s drug prescriptions. The treatment will reduce cravings and prevent relapse
- The withdrawal symptoms can be treated through a special medical device, through a doctor’s recommendation, and referral
- There should be follow up of patients after they have already been discarded to ensure that there is no relapse as well as observing their behavior while interacting with the community again
- The patient is sometimes given treatment on anxiety and depression.
- They can also be going through counseling sessions even after being discharged from the facility.
The bravest thing one can do is decide to get help once they start showing symptoms of addictions. There are very many specialized institutions helping people who are battling addiction. You don’t have to fight addiction on your own. With well-trained caregivers and doctors, wellness and recovery centers are the ideal places for treatment.