Prevent fatal car accidents from occurring – What tips to follow while on road?
Did you know that there are near about 6 million car accidents in the US every year? Car accidents can either be fatal or can lead to critical injuries like broken ribs, whiplash, and brain injuries.
When you drive a vehicle, you would definitely like to make sure that you follow certain steps that can prevent any form of a minor or major accident. Most accidents that occur in different parts of the country are usually preventable.
We’ve asked some of the best Las Vegas fatal accident lawyers about the safety tips to follow on road to avoid car crashes. Here’s what they had to say.
- Be careful at intersections
There’s no denying the fact that 60% of major car accidents occur at intersections. While you cross intersections, here are three things that you should keep in mind:
- Don’t accelerate while moving through an intersection as it reduces your ability to drive carefully.
- Never take a chance with yellow lights. Only stop at a yellow light when there’s not enough time to stop carefully.
- Stay away from taking left-side turns as unprotected left-side turns can be dangerous.
- Control your speed
Overspeeding heightens the chances of fatal car accidents and this is why obeying the speed limit is a necessity.
- When you drive on a freeway, slow traffic stays on the extreme right or the second-right lane. If you want to stay safe and stress-free while driving, keep to the right lanes.
- Never disobey the speed limit. In general, driving is a fast-thinking skill and hence you don’t need to make it faster as that would lead to collisions.
- Never trust other drivers
You should never have false trust in other drivers and think that they’ll make the best decisions to protect you.
- Why would you want to be at the mercy of other drivers? You should drive in a defensive manner and stop assuming that the other driver will keep you safe.
- Never follow someone at a very close distance. Since you don’t know when the driver in front of you will slam the brakes, you should give your vehicle enough space to make the required adjustments.
- Take the required precautions to prevent critical consequences
Don’t you think it is always better to take the necessary precautions in order to avoid the harsher consequences of rash driving? Here are a few things to follow:
- Wear a seatbelt as this will protect you in case of an accident. In Las Vegas and other cities, there are numerous motor vehicle drivers who don’t wear seatbelts while driving.
- Get rid of distractions while driving. Don’t attend calls or browse social media or keep changing music stations while driving. Distracted drivers are more prone to fatal accidents.
So, now that you are aware of the road safety tips to follow while driving a car, what are you waiting for? Keep them in mind and hit the road to fulfill your dream of being a smart driver.