Commonly known as Malabar plum, java plum, black plum, or Indian blackberry in English, Jamun or Jambul in Hindi, Jambufalam, or Mahaphala in Sanskrit, Naavar Pazham in Tamil and Neredu in Telugu, it has many health benefits. Java Plum is a summer fruit that is not only beautiful to look at but also tasty to eat and is a great way to relieve the heat. Java Plum of blackberry also has numerous health benefits.
Jamun naturally contains antioxidants that help eliminate inflammation in our body and also protect us from problems like infections. Java Plum has amazing properties that are extremely useful for patients with diabetes, heart disease, cholesterol, and blood pressure. let’s find out what the experts say about the benefits of Java Plum.
Health benefits of Jamun or Java Plum
- Java Plum is rich in vitamin C and iron, so if you are deficient in iron or vitamin C, you should include Jamun in your diet so that you can reap the dual benefits of this special summer fruit. Jamun plays an important role in raising blood levels.
- Java Plum cleanse our blood and eliminate those bacteria from our blood. Due to which our skin suffers from problems like acne and nail pimples. That’s why experts say that Jamun is very useful for the beauty of the skin.
- Jamun has a low glycemic index, which helps keep blood sugar levels normal. Generally speaking, Malabar plum is beneficial for diabetics, but if you are diabetic, you must consult a doctor once before adding black plum to your diet.
- Malabar Plum are rich in nutrients, they can provide you with Vitamin A, K, Potassium, Magnesium, and Phosphorus.
- Black plum is a great source of fiber and can help relieve stomach pain, acidity, heartburn, and constipation.
- Java Plum can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which are a major risk factor for heart disease. This fruit is very useful for patients with high blood pressure.
How to include Java Plum in the diet?
- You can eat Java Plum as normal fruit.
- You can also use Java Plum as Salad or you can make Chaat of it.
- Drink Java Plum juice to alleviate dehydration.
Read More: How to make Watermelon Juice?